Monday, August 17, 2009

Good morning, afternoon, or evening if you want to,

You might be wondering what we have been doing lately. Well as for the flying part, I have passed my 45 checkride aka the cross-country checkride. As from now on, I am allowed to do navigationflights on my own. I can plan routes to new airports, land there, do touch&go's or whatever I want to do over there (within certain limits ofcourse). I have done one navigation flight so far, the next mission I'll have to fly will be a dualflight, that's why I have a 2-day weekend this week.

In fact, it'll be a 3-day weekend. President Obama is visiting the airport of Phoenix (KPHX) and so they have decided to put a TFR (temporary flight restriction) within a radius of 35NM from KPHX, with the consequence that there will be only a couple of flights on monday.

However, some guys, including me, have taken this opportunity to have a look at the Air Force One 747, the aircraft in which President Obama travels around the world. We have been at the airport of Phoenix for 2h, and saw a lot of aircraft touchdown and take-off, including another British Airways 747.

Pictures are to be found below, and there is a 'little' movie as well. Both 747 landings were videotaped, but those two will only start after 5:20 minutes or something. Have fun!!



















No comments: